Bellow are John McLean’s hand written notes on Brian McCoy’s Iron Removal System Invention.
“The following are John’s hand written notes from bellow revised by Brian McCoy”
Advantages of B.M. “Brian McCoy” system of Fe “Dissolved Iron” removal
1. minimum water consumption / “during” B wash “backwash or regeneration” cycle.
2. During entire cycle, water is never under more than normal pump pressure (about 60psi) “air chargers increase pressure on a well pump 100psi over what the pressure gauge on the pump tank reads”
3. No Venturis “air chargers” between well pump and pressure tank (eliminates high pressure caused by venturi [100+psi]
4. Saves wear on pump.
5. Eliminates required automatic air release required on usual “aeration tank” pressure tank.
5a. Cannot run out of air supply.
6. Require only 6 minute B.W. “backwash” at 2gpm. Usual system requires 6-10gpm for 10 min. “this setting works on John’s water, there is no universal setting for this system”
7. Requires only 2 minute rinse (usual time 6-10 min) “again, this setting works on John’s water, there is no universal setting for this system”
8. No air contact with well water till water reaches treatment tank. (No internal pipe cleaning to remove Fe2O3 “Ferric Iron” deposits) “plumbing usually becomes clogged with iron when using an air charger”
9.No Cl2 “chlorine” required. No enriched air O2 “pure oxygen”. No chemicals required.
10. Zero Fe2O3 “Iron” in effluent “treated” water.
11. Using this treating system, a relatively thin layer of FeO3– mineral forms at the top of the mineral “media bed”. This layer contains sufficient fines to remove all FeO3 from the water entering the home system. This layer would normally be removed during a normal B.W.